Located along Railroad Blues Park, the Tutwiler Murals depict scenes that have made the town known as the legendary home of the Blues. Father of the Blues, W.C. Handy, wrote in his autobiography that he first heard the Blues played in 1895 at Tutwiler's railroad station. A memorial tribute to Bluesman Sonny Boy Williamson is included in the murals, along with a map to his grave site. Scenes of Mississippi Delta landscapes also are included, making the murals a certain point of interest among music, Southern culture, and photography enthusiasts alike.
Front St & Hancock Ave / Tutwiler, MS